Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fire in my flat!


Here is the story: Someone obviously who is very kind and alarmed knocked on Michael's door. He is from Cardiff and he stayed next to my room. And the man shouted: Mate there is smoke from your kitchen. The kitchen is just in front of our doors. I heard the conversation and I sped out from my room, and saw Peter another neighbor of mine (from Poland) opening the kitchen door and then "vooofffff", the smoke rushed out from the kitchen!

And it quickly spread through the corridor and soon after that the flat was basically filled with thick smoke, the smell was unbearable and the alarm the piercing noise was killing me! We went outside the flat and saw a few people already there. It was raining and, cold.

The cause of the event. Someone left something cooked on the stove and the food was left and eventually get overcooked and burnt. Malang tidak berbau, so nobody was blamed. Just be careful next time.

I will probably sleep with the smoke and then I started think of "Air Pollution" class by Dr . Lowndes today. When it comes to winter or cold temperature the smoke tends to stay put on colder ground and do not go up vertically bla bla bla

What a coincidence.

3 comments: