Wednesday, November 11, 2009

London first visit: 2009/2010 Commonwealth Scholarship Welcome Day

From Nottingham to MidEastland Parkway...The rail station is next to big chambers of power generation...fascinating huh?


Arrived in St. Pancras Station, which is like the KL Central...



The hostel I am staying, Clinks hostel in King Cross road
The room is small, really cut cost




The underground


In central hall of Westminster, where the event was held. The event was a Welcome day for the 2009/2010 Commonwealth Scholars. Very mind challenging and was intimidated by many many brilliant people. However, am still proud that I am representing Malaysia, with three others more. They are Shannon from Reading, Tazli from Imperial, Mien from Leeds.


The day before the event which was on Sunday, I went to the British Museum and had a little gathering with my senior Dr. Peg Nyon. Dr Peg Nyon was so kind enough to treat me, hahaha. She was once featured in the press! Don't play play. About new scientist in M'sia something like that. Haha.

Photos as I said were vanished..bu jian, hilang...so, here are the remainings in my cell phones.


Any photo of ME in the event? Coming soon...







1 comment:

  1. hi there! nice post!! wow u must be a genius to be able to get the scholarship and representing malaysia! well done!! :) psst.. i am in london too! maybe we will bump into each other if fate allows?

    ReplyDelete