Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sherlock Holmes is GAY?!Better be!

Director Guy Richie is gonna make Sherlock Holmes gay...(?)


We know that Sir Athur Conan Doyle made Sherlock Holmes an icon of detective and besides that he is all about "asexual" with no erotic attraction to male nor female. There isn't any "womanship" in any of Sherlock Holmes mysteries solving journey. He only has his sidekick Dr. Watson sharing bed with him, his soul-mate slash roommate.

And how gay is this British guy?

He once said, as Dr.Watson quoted (as always) that: "I would not tell them too much. Women are never to be entirely trusted, -- not the best of them."

and...Holmes once stated: "I have never loved, Watson." Holmes according to Watson is an "aversion to women" meaning, a turn-away of women.

So, the story of infamous Sherlock Holmes falls into American's hand (Guy the director is a British but the production is Warner Bros which was founded in the US). American as usual needs "controversy" to popularize the film. Like Peter Jackson's Lord of the Ring, there is a trace elements gayness, the touchy-feely of the hobbits.

I realize that the duo-relationship between Watson (Jude Law, "the true English in the movie") and Holmes (Robert Downey Jr.) is gonna be "mean" and "complicated"

Boys and girls, I just can't wait to watch Sherlock Holmes (regardless of him being gay not), I have been reading the classics since the year 2009 starts. Smile^^

The trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment